EXPERIENCED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND BUSINESS LITIGATION
Kammie Cuneo is an experienced intellectual property attorney. Her practice includes IP and commercial litigation as well as transactional work for a wide variety of clients, from global companies to small start-ups.
Kammie’s clients benefit from her strong scientific background, consisting of a decade of experience in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and another ten years as an IP scientific advisor for large, national law firms. Kammie wins her cases by weaving together their scientific underpinnings with creative legal strategy.
Kammie has prosecuted patent applications and managed patent portfolios in electrical and electronic technologies. She has also participated in patent litigation as a patent agent, as a patent attorney, and as a scientific advisor to counsel. Those cases included patent infringement actions involving ultrasound imaging technology; magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technology, microprocessor function and signal processing, electronic driver assist technology, and mathematical models for cryptographic techniques.
In her general litigation practice, Kammie has won favorable settlements for plaintiffs and for defendants in litigation between members of limited liability companies. She has also won default judgments in contract disputes. Her current litigation practice includes IP disputes generally, contract disputes, and general business litigation.
Kammie is a nature enthusiast. She loves the mountains and all manner of outdoor endeavors, especially outreach. This year the bulk of her free time has been devoted to mastering the art of fly fishing.
- George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2014
- Honors: With High Honors
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
- Master of Science - 2008
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Statistical Physics
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2018-2019
- A move towards globalization provides a new tool to defend against infringement: The rise of the IPR, The Advocate, 2016
- Perspectives on Select Patent Licensing Issues, Idaho State Bar IP Section CLE, 2017
- Prosecution Disclaimer Is Mitigated by Strong Patent Strategies: “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat,” The Advocate, 2017
- Lost in Translation: Overcoming Language Access Barriers in Idaho’s Courts, Panel Discussion Moderator, 2018
- Employee Non-Compete Agreements in Idaho, State Bar CLE, 2019
- Covenants Not to Compete: An Idaho Practitioner-Focused Historical Perspective, The Advocate, 2019
- Colorado IP American Inn of Court, Member, Present
- Idaho State Bar Intellectual Property Section, past Chairman
- Idaho Pro Bono Commission, Board Member, Present
- Inns of Court, Idaho Section, Member, Present